You might have come across several beauty products on the internet. Bellame is an MLM company that is in line with this kind of product.
Personal care, wellness, and beauty products are pretty common in multi-level marketing. They have succeeded in this arena as well.
Some are legit and they do sell products with the highest quality. While others are set from mediocre to downright bad.
Those are the companies that you need to be careful with when investing. I commend you for researching these types of companies before making a decision and I assure you that you have come to the right place.
In this review, I will discuss the products of Bellame and explain how companies like this work.
What is Bellame?
Bellame was founded by Melissa and Scott Thompson in 2016. They are based in California. It is a multi-level marketing company that sells skincare products. Bellame claims that their products are of clinical grade.
Melissa Thompson has a background in MLM as she joined Avon from 1999-2007. She then transferred to Belcorp for 10 months.
She returned to Avon for a few years and then moved to another MLM company called Mana in 2014. She was then designated as a chief marketing officer of Astoria.
Astoria is an MLM company that was founded by Scott Thompson in 2010 and he is still the CEO of that company until now.
Then they cofounded Bellame in 2016 and are running up until this time.
They sell personal care products and have succeeded ever since. They have garnered 10 thousand partners in their first year of business.
That is way more than their target which is only 500 partners. They highlight how women should be confident and therefore, offer products to improve health and skincare.
Bellame Product Line
As I have mentioned, Bellame sells health care and skin care products. They emphasize on skin hydration and promises you that they sell good-quality products only.
Here are their products and prices:
1. Hydrating Cleanser
- This product is used to remove make-up and is said to be gentle enough to smoothen your face and allow moisture to get in the skin.
- It is sold at $48.00 for a 150ml bottle
2. Hydrating Eye Cream
- Claims to remove eye bags and lessen the dark circles around the eyes.
- Sold at $65.00 for a 150ml bottle.
3. Hydrating Serum
- Delivers a dose of antioxidants into your skin.
- It contains copper-enriched gemstone.
- Sold at $88 for a 30ml dropper bottle.
4. Hydrating Moisturizer
- A lightweight moisturizer that delivers powerful hydration and luminosity.
- $78 for a 50ml bottle.
You can buy these products individually or buy them as a bundle with a price of $272.00.
Bellame’s website has products that they have posted with no details. All I know is that they are to be released soon.
I cannot say how their products work or if they work at all since I have bever tried any of them. However, you can find reviews on the internet and some on Youtube.
I cannot prove them to be legit as these reviews may well be promotional articles or videos, so I think it is best for you to research more about their products.
Bellame’s Compensation Plan
Bellame lets you earn money in two ways. The retail commissions and the residual commissions.
These two compensation plans are what keep MLM companies running. You earn more money in recruiting people for your downline than selling the products.
In order to join Bellame, you are required to buy their Influencer Kit which costs $99. This kit includes products and tools that you can use to start your business.
These products and tools are:
1. 12 months of free Bellame boutique website.
2. Bellame box
3. Bellame binder and training materials
4. 10 brand brochures
5. 10 sets of product samples
6. 1o opportunity trifolds
Their starter pack allows you to choose what products you want to sell and depending on your budget.
Bellame Affiliate Ranks
Bellame gives you the opportunity to earn money by making you a partner and sell their products yourself. They divided their compensations into 10 different ways, namely:
1. Retail Sales Commissions
2. Beauty Passport Commissions
3. Elite Sales Bonus
4. Sales Mentor Bonus
5. Business Building Bonus
6. Personal Generation Bonus
7. 1st Generation Bonus
8. 2nd Generation Bonus
9. 3rd Generation Bonus
10. Infinity Bonus
You get a 25% discount for commissions and a 40% discount for purchases that you personally bought. This is pretty standard for most MLM companies and there is nothing new with this strategy.
You earn more money if you are in a higher position. But of course, just like any other MLM company, you are required to do a lot of things to move to a higher rank.
Here are the ranks and the bonuses you can get for every rank.
- You need to sign up for Bellame to be their affiliate.
- You need to maintain $300 in retail orders over a period of three months.
- In this position, you can earn 25% on retails, 20% on Beauty Passport Orders, and 4% on your Line 1 sales bonus.
2. Senior Partner
- You need to generate 500PV in accumulated sales and recruit at least one new Partner
3. Executive Partner
- You need to generate 1000PV and recruit three Partners to get into this rank.
- Recruit and maintain at least four Partners and generate 500PV and 3000GV per month.
5. Senior Director
- Personally recruit at least three Partners and one Director
- Generate and maintain 500PV and 3000GV per month
6. Executive Director
- Recruit and maintain at least two Partners and two Directors
- Generate and maintain 500PV and 3000GV a month.
7. Diamond Director
- Recruit and maintain at least four Directors
- Generate and maintain 500PV and 3000GV a month.
8. Platinum Director
- Recruit and maintain at least six directors
- Generate and maintain 500PV and 300PV a month
- Generate and maintain $125,000 of sales in your monthly downline sales volume.
PV stands for Personal Volume gained from retail customers and affiliate’s own purchases. While GV stands for Group Volume and is the sales volume of a uni-level team leg.
These are commonly used in MLM companies. To qualify for the commissions, you need to maintain sales, in Bellame’s case, you are required to maintain at least 100PV and the $300 for 3 months in sales.
Bellame uses a uni-level compensation structure. This is where a direct affiliate is required to recruit people and the people they recruit are placed under them for their first level recruit.
The level 1 recruits will also be required to recruit people and those are the people for the direct affiliate’s level 2. This goes on and on.
Bellame calculates its residual commissions via generations. A generation is defined when a Director is found in the uni-level group.
If a higher ranked is in the group, the director is placed on that rank and the second level affiliates which then, in turn, makes the third level affiliates the new second level affiliates.
The higher your rank is, the more commission you earn. A director earns 5% on one generation per leg. A senior director earns 5% on the first generation and 6% on the second generation.
Executive Directors earn 5% on the first generation, 6% on the second generation, and 3% on the third generation
Diamond Directors and higher ranks earn 5% on the first generation, 6% on the second generation, 3% on the third generation, and 2% on the fourth generation.
Only the Platinum Executive Directors earn the Infinity Bonus. It includes a 25% bonus paid on each uni-level team leg.
What I like about Bellame
1. A lot of incentives
- You sell more products, you get more bonuses. This is pretty common in any MLM company as well.
- You recruit more people for more earnings. This can be a con as well but if you are good at dealing with people, then this would not be a huge problem for you.
2. Cheaper Fees for Joining
- With a one-time fee of $99, you can join the company as a distributor.
- This is relatively cheaper than most MLMs.
3. Experienced Leader
- As mentioned above, Melissa Thompson has been in the MLM business for over two decades so you can be assured that the company is under an experienced person in that arena.
What I do not like with Bellame
1. Common Niche
- Bellame, as I have mentioned, sells skincare products. This is a pretty common niche with Multi-level marketing companies.
- With that said, the market for such products is pretty crowded and you need to compete with larger brands.
2. Expensive Products
- Bellame sells quality products and that may be the reason for their high prices.
- Customers will prefer cheaper products with the same quality that they can find almost anywhere on the internet and shops outside of it.
3. Lack of Income Disclosure Statement
- There are no income disclosure statements on their website or anywhere on the internet.
- You need this to know how much you are going to earn as a Business Partner.
4. New Company.
- Bellame has been in the market for less than 5 years and they are still building trust with their distributors and customers as well.
- With a new company, you are not sure of their ways of dealing with people and the business itself. This may also be the reason why they lack Income Disclosure Statements.
Would I recommend Bellame?
Personally, no. Bellame is not a pyramid scheme scam. They sell legitimate products with high quality and you would not find that in most of the scams.
However, Bellame is still an MLM company. MLMs have been proven to make the higher-ranked people succeed but you end up losing money if you are on the low ranks.
You cannot be sure with Bellame as well because of the lack of their Income Disclosure Statement. You are not informed of what you can potentially earn.
Also, they are venturing into a business where there are hundreds or even thousands of competition. This is a bad sign especially because they have not established their company among the big competitors out there.
Moreover, they are a relatively new company. They do have the right foundation but it ends there.
This is what happens to MLM companies. They do not teach their distributors how to be successful in this business.
Say, for example, they give you a website and leave you to sell your products on that website. What they do not teach you is how to direct targeted traffic.
If you know how to direct targeted traffic, you will most likely succeed in your online business but that has a slim chance. Targeted traffic is where the internet directs you to people who are looking for the specific products that you are selling.
I am sure that there are a lot of businesses on the internet with a higher success rate. I personally suggest affiliate marketing.
This is where I got started with my online business. Wealthy Affiliate is a kind of affiliate marketing that gives you tools and lessons to get you started.
Wealthy Affiliate has helped me with their step-by-step lessons on creating and maintaining a successful online business.
I suggest this because it is the cheapest out there and it gives you lessons that are really needed in your business.
All businesses require you to invest time, effort, and money in order for it to be successful. Wealthy Affiliate helps you manage this and lighten the burden of putting a lot of investments in your business.
You still need to put your work and energy into it but Wealthy Affiliate makes it a lot easier. You only need a small amount of money to get started.
Wealthy Affiliate is free for your first seven days. From then on, you only need to pay $19 a month to continue the lessons!
Wealthy Affiliate has helped a lot of people. That is why I chose it for my business and that is why I chose it to recommend to you. It includes lessons and even personal comments on how you can improve your website for your business.
I assure you that within 3-6 months with Wealthy Affiliate, your business will start making good money. So start your online business with Wealthy Affiliate today and get it for FREE!
If you have any experiences with Bellame then do share it with us in the comments below!
If you liked the post then do not forget to share this on social media!