Insight Global is a company that has been around for almost two decades and people are still figuring out whether they are legit or a Pyramid Scheme.
In this review, we will discuss what they do exactly and help you decide on joining them or backing out.
So first, let us put this out there, Insight Global is not a Pyramid Scheme. But it does not mean that you would earn money with them in an easy way.
Insight Global acts as a bridge between employers and potential candidates that can fill a vacant position in the company.
If you are offered a job inside Insight Global itself, you will fall under two categories. We will discuss later on how you can earn money and how much you can earn.
If you are a job seeker and you wanted to find a decent job through the internet, then that must be the reason that you encountered this review.
Well, they do have a website where you can see their job opportunities and this review will simplify it for you, plus with reviews from other people.
Continue to read on and find out more about Insight Global
What is Insight Global?
Insight Global was founded in 2001 in Atlanta. They have over 50 branches in the US and in Canada.
They are a staffing agency that helps people find a job by bridging them to companies and they also help the companies filter out the qualified applicants.
See, what they do is they do the processing of applicants according to the employers’ demands. They are the frontline of screening in job applications.
Insight Global helps employers by removing the hassle of too many applicants that they cannot attend to on a daily basis.
Insight Global screens the job applicants by relating to the employer’s standards or qualifications and the job applicant’s skills.
Fresh graduates and even college students are the main targets of Insight Global since they do not require any job experience to enter the company.
Most staffing companies get a portion of the salary of the employee, or they get the same amount as the employee.
That does not sound good for someone who has done all the work and some agency is earning because of it.
That is the main reason why Insight Global is thought to be a scam or a Pyramid Scheme.
What does Insight Global Offer?
There would be two answers to this. If you are an employer, then they offer you choices on who to hire; if you are looking for a job, then they offer you job opportunities.
For those who are seeking a job, they have different steps that you have to go through so you can be considered a legit candidate.
You need to undergo these 4 steps before Insight Global recommends you to the employers.
1. Initial Phone Screen
- This is where Insight Global will assess you about your education, your experience, and skill level
- If you pass this first step, you are now a qualified candidate
2. Personal Interview
- This step is where they examine your skills and capabilities whether you are physically and mentally fit for the job
- Then they review the job requirements for you.
3. Managerial References
- This is where you are verified by the manager and your job experiences (if there are any) are reviewed.
4. Hiring Manager Screen
- You are now a candidate that is presented to the Account Manager
- The Account Manager will then recommend you to the employers that you are fit for the job.
As for employers, there are also 4 ways of offering a job.
Here they are:
1. Temporary Staffing
- This is where Insight Global’s Recruiters and Account Managers help the employer find the right person for a temporary job.
- They keep close contact with each other in order to resolve problems within the duration of the job.
2. Temporary to Hire
- This is where Insight Global allows the employer to work side-by-side to the candidate for a paid temporary job.
- Once the employer knows that the candidate has the right skill set for the job, then they can hire the candidate for the permanent job.
3. Direct Hire
- When an employer wants to hire a candidate for a direct permanent position, then Insight Global will find that candidate for them.
- With the use of their 4-step ladder of screening their candidates, they assure employers that they will give the best candidate for the job.
- Whether it is temporary, temporary-to-hire, or direct hire, Insight Global will do the steps for screening.
4. Managed Services
- Insight Global also helps the employer with whatever resources they have.
- They can offer help through people who are experienced and are significant to the problem at hand.
So how do you get in as an Insight Global Recruiter?
On their website, the Recruiters can apply for the position in Insight Globals and they will undergo screening as well.
Recruiters are normally the people who conduct the first step of the screening, the Initial Phone Screening.
They refer to the agency’s database and review hundreds of resumes to assess their skills, their experience, and their education if they are qualified for the job.
As a recruiter, it is also your job to look for candidates if the database of one employer does not show that many candidates.
After screening them, you then hand over the candidates to the Account Manager. Being a new member or a recruiter will take hours from your day which will not feel reciprocated.
You need to answer incoming calls or call job seekers to see if they are interested in a job. It is an exhausting thing to do and you might not feel rewarded enough.
What it takes to be an Insight Global’s Account Manager
This is the second and one of the highest ranks in Insight Global, and it will probably be the highest rank you can get if you entered as a recruiter.
Getting to this rank is not easy as well.
When you are a recruiter, you are paired with an Account Manager which assesses your performance and dictates if you are viable for promotion or not.
Their website claims that it only takes 6 to 9 months to be promoted but others who have experienced it say otherwise.
The basis of the promotion is based on merit and not tenure so it really depends on how well you perform for you to get promoted.
If you are lucky enough to be promoted to Account Manager, your main job will be to build relationships with the hiring managers of the companies that Insight Global is partnered with.
Account Managers are the faces of the company. Their main goal is to impress Insight Global’s partners and become the only staffing agency that they trust.
Account Managers are the ones who set up meetings with clients and discuss their hiring needs as well as Insight Global’s available services.
They are the ones responsible for giving the partners of Insight Global the most qualified candidate and establish trust for a long-term partnership with the clients.
In the internals, Account Managers as mentioned above, are responsible for mentoring the recruiters until they eventually become Account Managers.
Account Manager is the most common promotion that most recruiters take. There are two more paths that you can take from being a recruiter and they all lead to Executive Leadership.
How much can you earn?
There is only one document released by Insight Global about the money that their recruiters earn so there is not much proof on this.
The graph shows that on average, a new recruiter can earn $35,000 to $37,000 every year. They can go higher in a long time and can earn as much as $42,000 yearly.
As for the rumors, Insight Global claims that their Account Managers earn hundreds of thousands of dollars. The statistics show otherwise as they only earn around $45,000 a year.
But again, there has been not much proof released online so we cannot confirm for sure.
Insight Global’s Pros and Cons
So we will be analyzing the pros and cons of someone inside the Insight Global company. There are two categories that are needed to be considered here.
Those are your pros and cons as a Recruiter or as someone who works in Insight Global, and the other is your pros and cons as a job seeker.
Pros as a Recruiter
1. Growth Opportunity
- The great thing about Insight Global is that their recruiters are seen as someone who will eventually get promoted
- With that, they immediately train them by making them work with an Account Manager
- There is a sure growth in this company with that vision.
2. High-paying Job
- To be honest, although there are only a few sources on their salary, you can earn a large amount of money compared to selling products.
- You can possibly earn $3,000 to $4,000 a month and that is a great amount of money for a starting job.
Pros as a Job-seeker
- Insight Global is rigorous
- This may not sound very encouraging but the reason behind why Insight Global is very keen on screening their candidates is that they want the best for the clients and for you as a candidate as well.
- Insight Global really cares about their candidates and they even offer a little bit of help to the candidates to succeed in the screening.
Cons as a Recruiter
1. Long hours of work
- As mentioned above, your work as a recruiter in Insight Global can be very tough especially the long hours that you have to endure.
- You are required to answer calls and follow up candidates all day long and this can be draining.
2. A toxic environment
- Yes, Insight Global assumes that once you are a recruiter, you can be an Account Manager in the near future.
- That can be good but they have the tendency to push you around so you can be better.
- Pushing people to their limits can be great so they can improve but tough love does not always work for all of us.
Cons as a Job-seeker
1. Most jobs are not permanent
- Most of the jobs that Insight Global’s partners offer are not permanent jobs.
- Even if they are, they rarely get fresh graduates and opt to choose those who have more experience for a permanent job.
2.A lot of competition
- There are a lot of competitors in Insight Global because of the multiple companies that they have partnered with.
- Another form of competition that comes to mind is the screening itself.
- The 4-step screening in Insight Global is very hard because they choose your best skill and quality and compare it with others.
- So basically it is a competition within yourself as well as a competition among others.
Would I recommend Insight Global to you?
No. Absolutely not.
I will admit this at least, Insight Global is a great company but it does not fit every person who wants to earn money.
You are required to exert a lot of effort for a long time and you will not feel rewarded. Yes, the money is decent but you can earn that much without too much energy wasted.
Well, Insight Global can be a way to make money online but it is too hard. You need to be active all day long to answer calls and requests.
There are better ways to earn money online. Affiliate marketing is one.
Affiliate marketing allows you to earn a lot of money without having to work all day. You can leave your website to make passive income for you.
Wealthy Affiliate is a type of affiliate marketing that teaches you all the right ways and gives you all the right tools.
If you want to succeed in online business, Wealthy Affiliate is the guaranteed way to do so.
Wealthy Affiliate has helped millions of people and those people are now earning passive income from their websites and their online businesses.
It offers step-by-step lessons that teach you the basics of the internet and gets more complex as you go on but gets easier as well since you started right – you started with Wealthy Affiliate.
With just $19 a month, you can start learning your way through the confusing road of the internet and eventually build your website.
Once you do that and you continue learning with Wealthy Affiliate, your business will be guaranteed to earn in 3-6 months only.
I will also share with you my personal comments and suggestions so together, we can make your website beautiful and an online business that would help you earn a passive income in the coming years.
If you have any experiences with making money from Insight Global then share it with us in the comments below!
If you liked the post, then do not forget to share it on social media!