TaskRabbit is an app where you can hire people to do some work for you. If you need some help to get that dresser installed then all you need to go is sign up on TaskRabbit and hire someone for the job. It’s as simple as that!
The app does sound useful and amazing, however, is it really safe to hire someone from an online app to do chores at your home? Read the complete review where we spill all the details about this app and how you can use it to your advantage without being scammed.
Website URL: www.taskrabbit.com
Price: FREE to join
How does TaskRabbit work?
You have to download the app and once you are done with it, you need to select the housework that needs to be done and describe your requirements. You can look into all the potential jobs in your neighborhood and make your choice as which one suits you the best.
Once you have selected the job that you think is perfect for you, you have to confirm all the details with the client. The next thing you have to do is meet up with the client and help them with the work. Once done, you submit your invoice and get paid.
One thing that you should keep in your mind is that you should choose a job that interests you and you have some knowledge about it rather than doing something just for the money.
Most of the tasks are going to be simple so you can easily find something that suits you. Make sure it is closer to your place, else it would make no sense spending more on the travel than the amount you are getting paid for the job.
Different categories of jobs that you find on the TaskRabbit
1. Cleaning- Yes, you can choose a task to clean a room or a home and honestly, it is a basic job that anyone can do. So, if you are up for making some extra cash with cleaning then you should definitely join TaskRabbit.
2. Delivery- This is good for someone who has their own vehicle as delivery can be time-bound in some cases. The best thing would be to confirm details with the client before you make any commitments and make sure that you take up a job that you can complete.
If you are okay with traveling and have your own vehicle then this might be a really good task for you.
3. Moving- One of my favorites is moving things around the house. Not everyone can do it alone and in some cases, people just do not have the time and want someone to help them out in the house.
If you are looking for something similar then you can defiantly find a job for yourself at TaskRabbit as such jobs are seen more often on the app.
4. Furniture Assembly- This is probably a task where people definitely need help and you are going to see quite a few postings in this section. If you are good at this thing then you are definitely going to get hired quite a lot.
Make sure that you take up a job in the neighborhood as it just a pain to travel far, get paid for an hour or two and then come back.
5. Personal Assistant- You can be assigned anywhere form filing a few papers to filling up some documents, bbaasically you are given some work which can be home related.
You might even be asked to help in arranging or cleaning some part of a home. This job does take time so expected to be paid pretty well in these jobs.
6. You might even end up with jobs like fixing something like the sink, cabinets, drilling a hole in the wall, hanging a painting on the wall, etc. If you are good at something like this then you can actually make some really good money as such jobs require skills and there is barely any competition with such jobs.
Pros of TaskRabbit
1. Its FREE to join.
2. The process of joining is simple, you fill up all your details and then you have an interview which is basically for a background check and once everything is fine, you are allowed to take up jobs.
3. You are usually linked with jobs that you can find in the neighborhood, so you do not have to travel far away to get a decent part-time job.
4. You are paid via the app. Once you complete the job you have to submit the invoice and then you are paid.
Cons of TaskRabbit
1. It is not present in only a few major cities in the U.S.
2. It is uncertain as you never know when you get hired and when you don’t. It is a matter of luck and hence you cannot completely rely on it.
3. You have to literally go out and spend some time on getting the job done. It is not like the laptop lifestyle where you do all the work from your laptop. As much as I like going out, I would love to have a passive income.
4. Something I do not like about such jobs is that you have no sick leave if you fall sick, you cannot work and hence you do not make any money for the day.
5. There are many negative reviews about TaskRabbit where people find hiring people from the app annoying as the people hired do not do the work properly. This might affect the number of jobs that are being actually offered and something that should be considered.
Would I recommend TaskRabbit?
If you are interested in doing any of the jobs mentioned above then you can join TaskRabbit. You can easily earn some part-time income taking a job near your place.
However, you cannot completely rely on this app as the jobs are very uncertain and you might have to go without work for a few days.
The TaskRabbit is pretty good for someone who is looking for some part-time jobs to earn some extra cash. As good as it might sound you might not be able to get a consistent income from it.
If you are looking for ways to make a full-time income online with low or little investments then you can start the way I began my online career. It involves no inventory and all you need is a domain and hosting to get started.
You can get started for FREE as well and you would even receive my one on one coaching and personal expertise on how I made a full-time income from my website.
The training I went through to build successful affiliate websites is free to get started with and the quality if the training is much better as it is more organized and easy to follow. You can read my online journey here.
If you have any questions or experiences in with the TaskRabbit then leave them in the comments section!
If you liked the post then do not forget to share it on social media!